Monday, July 9, 2018

Birthday and 4th of July

What a week!, well actually not really..

Just another great week in the work of the Lord!
 
We had a good week this week.
 
Bday and July 4th was pretty much normal for Ecuador. My comp actually got sick so we didn't do anything cool those nights. I made myself pancakes and on the 4th I bought ice cream and coke and made myself a Coke Float.. It´s not root beer, but it´s all I had to work with..
It´s  a little bit weird, it´s kind of hitting me that it´s all over. I finish in a month. to be honest I'm not trying to think about it too much. I´m going to miss this place. I´ve met a ton of people that I´m not going to see again. It´s kind of a sad thing to think about. A good buddy of mine who finished his mission like last week wrote me saying, stay concentrated, because when it´s over, it´s over. It´s true. 

I´m excited for this week. We will be having Zone Conference, my last one! Also my last interview with Pres. Murphy. I´m excited to speak with him and to receive some good advice from him.
 
As for this week, it was filled with contacting. We are trying to think of something new to do here because what we are doing, even though it may be good, isn´t the best. We can find better ways to find new investigators. Being here in the mission has really helped me to open up my mind a little more and think and try new things.
 
Yesterday I was thinking to myself, man I need a miracle before I finish. Our last investigator with date fell.  Then I realized, that He isn´t the last. He would be my last baptism, but not the last of the ward.  I realized that miracles exist, but not that way we expect sometimes. Everyone would love to finish their mission with a baptism, but in the end, the work continues on.   The miracle is that someone enter into the baptismal waters in their own due time.   They aren't my baptisms, but rather souls who are making covenants with their Father in Heaven to change and follow Christ. I know that this week we will see miracles. If I don´t baptize again before I leave, I won´t be upset:  A successful missionary is one who does everything to fulfill His purpose and bring others unto Christ. I love this work.. I know this is the true church! The Book of Mormon is true! 

Have a great week!
Elder Jensen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment