Monday, January 29, 2018

Que mas ve?

Buenas tardes a todos!
 
¿Que más?
 
Well this week has been pretty meh.  We had a zone conference which was super awesome with President Murphy. We talked about our plans to complete the goal of 1000 Baptisms this year in this mission. Zone Conferences are always great, always leave super animated and pumped to work! I gave a spiritual thought on a talk by Elder Christofferson, El Divino Don del Arrepentimiento, The Divine Gift of Repentance. Super good talk. As missionaries we have been called to declare repentance amongst the nations, and this talk explains some important factors of repentance, like repentance isn't just leaving behind a favorite sin we may have, but committing to be obedient to the commandments.  Also it's important to repent with real intent with a true purpose. I really like the scripture he used in this talk, the same that Elder Renlund  used a year ago in his talk, Repentance, A Joyful Choice,
 
 DyC 58:42-43

42 He aquí, quien se ha arrepentido de sus pecados es perdonadoyo, el Señor, nolos recuerdo más.
43 Por esto podréis saber si un hombre se arrepiente de sus pecados: He aquí, los confesará y los abandonará.

42 Behold, he who has repented of his sinsthe same is forgivenand I, the Lord, remember them no more.
43 By this ye may know if man repenteth of his sins—behold, he will confess them and forsake them.
 
This is an important lesson for all of us to learn, not just investigators, but for members of many years too. Sometimes, we get stuck in a rut, and we forget the importance of this gift that we have received. If we truly repent, we can feel the love and mercy of our Savior and remember that through His sacrifice and grace and after doing all that we can do, we will be saved.   The mission has helped me a lot to learn about this Gospel and I know its true. Even though this week has been tough for us in the sector, I know the Lord is preparing people for us in this sector. We found 2 people with a  lot of potential this week.  I mean we've only taught them one, but I'm really hoping for a miracle with this family. I'm accepting that fact that I probably won't leave this sector with baptisms now that I have 3 weeks more here,(maybe) but I know I can work hard to leave some people with my trainee. sacrifice for blessings no mas. Welp, that's about it for my week.

Today for pday we played soccer and for the first time in my mission I'm going to say that I didn't play too bad. I actually scored a few times😎🙌    hahaha, but hey I'm getting better! Fun to relax a bit and spend time with other missionaries. actually met a newer missionary from mesa, his name is Elder Beckstead, he went to Mountain View and is the cousin to some guys that I went to high school with, Bryant and Tyler Hardy. Pretty cool to meet someone from home. Welp, that's about it, I got one pic no mas, me faltan 6 meses mas, time to get swolllll💪💪  haha
 
ya pues cuidense, y que tengan una buena sna con muchas bendiciones!
 
Elder Jensen

 
Photos from Ecuador Quito North Facebook Page
Area Conference with Otavolo and Imbaya Zones
January 24, 2018
 







 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment