Monday, November 13, 2017

Interesting Week

Hey everyone!

Well this has been an interesting week.


To start off we have started like a new program thing to work with the members that the area presidency came out with and as a mission we received like 6,500 references from members, recent converts, and investigators!


 I know it sounds like a lot and maybe it worked in some parts of the area but for here, or at least in my sector, the references we received were like less actives, investigators that we are already teaching or people with 0 info to contact them.. Buttt a few of them have been working out and it's been amazing to see the support from the members.   Every Member a Missionary!  But ya hoping to see some good results from this!


Well time is winding down for me here in the orient.  Changes  are in 2 weeks and I'm grateful for the time I have had.  We celebrated a baptism this Saturday hno Jose Cuvi got baptized and it was a really awesome service! The hno is super excited to progress and learn more about the church and I'm super grateful to have been able to visit with him and help him along this path. His wife is a member since her childhood so I'm hoping they will progress and get sealed in the temple in a year.   My other converts here are doing great as well! The Lopez Sanchez family are still strong and goin to church every week and are trying to invite their family members to listen to us as well. Mayra Cabrera, who is the mom of our investigator with a baptismal date Alexis Garcia, is also doing well.. They've had some problems but she's been finding her way back to church and is progressing well with her son.  Blanca Jacome and her son Matias  have had some challenges, especially with the WoW. We taught them this principle quite a few times but they need help with it.. Please prey for them! But ya overall I've enjoyed my time here and am hoping to have one more baptism before I go. 


On the other side, we've been looking a lot recently for new investigators.. The other day we hit a block that was filled with die hard members of other churches who were kind of rude..  I had to keep my head cause I didn't want to say something rude back.  But I know that the lord directs this work and that if we work hard and sacrifice some things we'll find blessings.



Welp this week I ate crab for the first  time in my mission,  and well before the mish, I didn't like seafood and now I really do like it. But I saw the crab and was a little sketched out.. But I ate it.. they eat it super weird here, you have the whole body and just bite the leg and suck out the meat, spitting out crab shell like every 2 seconds.  Well that's at least what I did, let's just say a lil gringo from gilbert AZ doesn't know much about seafood, and lot of people stared and laughed at me while I ate.. haha but ya. Not gonna lie, I'm not a fan of this crab and it didn't do me well afterwards..  got pretty sick, sooo let's just leave it at that.


Everything is going well and I'm enjoying my time in Ecudaor, excited to see where the next few weeks will take me.  Have a good week and keep reading the BoM! Share a copy with your friends to show them how much it really means to you..  There's a gen conf talk from the 80s by President Benson who says the Book of Mormon is the greatest gift that we have received, so what better thing can you do than to gift it to someone that you care about. I know it is true and I know there are blessing for those who read it daily just like Pres Monson said back in April!
Love you guys!


y que le vaya muy bien, cuidarĂ¡nse !


Elder Jensen 
















No comments:

Post a Comment