Monday, December 25, 2017

Feliz Navidad

Merry Christmas everyone
Well its been an awesome week this week! Hope everyone had a great christmas day!
We caroled in the rain last night for christmas which was super ufn actually. Dont have much time but just wanted to write and say merry christmas to everyone!

welp let’s see what can I say.  Some good experiences in the mish.

Well I guess I can say that miracles do happen in the work of the Lord.
Like I shared with you guys  yesterday one of the coolest things that happened to me in the mission so far was in el Coca.  After a change of having 0 baptisma and really no one progressing, we received a call from an old inv that I had taught 2 times before in my first change en el coca. He was a really cool guy and his wife is a member, but out of the blue he got sick and was in Quito for like 2 changes, or 3 months. I had honestly thought something bad happened because he was in the hospital for a while. I had forgotten about him but when he got back, he called us up and said he was ok and wanted us to visit him again. We went over to the military base and the first thing he does is show us the wedding ring on his finger.  He had gotten married with his wife like 8 days earlier and he was already for baptism.  We gave him a baptismal date and he got baptized. The hermano had changed a lot and was really ready at that time. He had listened for a long time to missionaries, but this was the right time for him. I know that the lord directs this work and that everything works in his time. Sometimes we reap and sometimes we sow. The work of the Lord is filled with miracles! 

Another great experience we had was through sharing the BoM with others teaching the members how to do it. We talked about the BoM with them and watched a video called How rare a possession (watch it, its awesome!) then we referenced a little bit the talk by Pres Benson about the BoM. He said the BoM is the greatest gift that all mankind has ever received, greater than anything. Than we gave a BoM to everyone and we wrapped it up in wrapping paper with a list of the questions of the soul that are in Preach my Gospel. Then each member told us who they were going to give it to and we planned to visit with them and teach them. I know that there is joy in sharing the BoM. Dont worry about what people say. They may accept or they may reject. (and if they reject you, they are rejecting Christ :) But there will be success in every invitation if we do it with love and the purpose of helping others to come unto Christ. 

My testimony.   Welp I know this is the true church and more than anything I have come to know it through the BoM. Honestly I can't deny it and I'm so glad to be apart of it.  The BoM has helped me through so many difficult parts of my mission. I love what Pres. Nelson said about the BoM in this last general conf. he made the questions to us, what would our live be without the BoM. What would I not know and what would I not have.  I can honestly say that without the BoM I would not be able to grasp the importance of the Saviors Atonement nor would I be able to understand how great his love is for me. I would not have this testimony and would not be able to preach this news to the people here. I'm so grateful for it. I Know Christ lives and that he loves each and everyone one us. Thanks to His atonement, we can truly repent and sins can be washed away.  I love this work even though it's hard sometimes and that it's sometimes scary to share with others, but like I said before it's a joyful work and there are miracles in it.  In the name of Jesus Christ amen
 
Chao
Elder Jensen

Elders in my ward on Christmas PDay playing good ole stratego and drinking coca cola floats.

Surrounded by volcanoes here,  Kinda cool. 


 
 
Ecuador Quito North Mission
Christmas Card 2018
 



No comments:

Post a Comment