Monday, April 3, 2017

Another Week in Cayambe... Oh Wait I'm Not In Cayambe Anymore!!

welp.. (yes I meant to say welp all of those times.. hahaha)

There goes another week in the mission, and I have to say it's pretty great! Especially conference this week!!!!!    It was super awesome, and I learned a lot of things!   We met in the stake center, and there was a gringo room!!!!   yep, gotta watch conference in English.  It was great!  There were a lot of great talks but some of the highlights were Elder Bednars talk in priesthood session and Elder Hales talk about being a disciple of Jesus Christ.. that one hit me hard, here in my mission, the mission scripture is 3 Nephi 5:13  which says " Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life."  That really hit home to me, because every meeting we have, we talk about being disciples of Jesus Christ. This scripture has become one of my favorites, and that talk really hit home!   

But ya other than conference, it's been a good week!  We've been working hard, and I'm still adjusting to this new assignment..  and the sector!!  Wow, this sector is interesting...   the flippin hills haha..  lets hope I get in really good shape.. and the cooking, still adjusting to that, basically it kind of sucks, but as my new adopted Spanish catch phrase says, a veces toca (sometimes it touches... haha)  

But ya this week, we passed by this new investigator who is super cool... well she's not new, I'm new, soo I'm saying she's new.. but ya, she's really cool!  She has been listening to the missionaries for a while now, and she has accepted baptismal dates but they have fallen..  so this last weeek she was like I want to be baptized but I don't want  to know the date..   cause I'm afraid it'll fall again..  soo we were like ummm idk if we can do that..  so we visited her the next time and we shared some great scriptures in 2 Nephi 32, and she was super receptive as usual, and we said we want to put a new date..  so we talked about the 15th of April.  she said that that day is vacation here, but she thought about it and decided she would rather be baptized then go on vacation so she accepted!! super awesome!  Really cool experience, and I'm glad to have a pilas investigator!!!    That's about it really. 

Just want to end by extending the same invitation that President Monson did, to read the Book of Mormon everyday!!  I know that it was more powerful coming from the prophet, but really it's something super important!!  Listen to his words, it was an inspired invitation to all of us.. the blessings will come and we will have that constant companion of the Holy Ghost if we do it!  

Welp, hope all of guys have a good week!  

cuidense

Elder Jensen 

 well, I was going to send pictures, but when I plugged in my memory card to attach the pics, its erased all the pictures in my camera... wasn't expecting that.. not gonna lie, kind of ticked rn.. Ecadorian computer viruses  
 
 
Ecuador Quito North Mission Facebook Page
 
Leadership Council Training
 
April 4, 2017
 
 






 
 
Ecuador Quito North Facebook Page
Interviews in Ophelia
April 6, 2017
 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment