Monday, April 17, 2017

I'm Alive! Sorry about last week.

Hello everyone, sorry for last, week, I completely forgot  to write.. I hopped on, read my emails, and then started to download music and  GC talks to my flash, then at the end of my hour, I realized there was no time..   but hey all is well here in Ofelia!

Let's see this week we had a baptism for an hma that we have... idk I feel kind of weird cause I didn't find her and only helped out at the end of her lessons, but she's really cool, she has a testimony and was super cool to see a ton of investigators at the service..  we've been having success here in this sector.. but again, it's mostly the people that I inherited in the change.. but a veces toca..  This week were gonna have 2 more baptisms.. (yes people before I came) and I got pity picked to baptize one of them.. haha  the daughter picked my comp, and the mom was quiet like what should I do now, I was about to say look I don't care if he baptizes both of you, but the daughter said, pick Elder Jensen, soo  I'm gonna do it..  They're cool too, hoping to have a lot of success this week in finding new investigators..   Also this next week I'm gonna have my first baptismal interview, so I'm excited for that!  Let's see this Sunday I gave a talk and it was free topic, soo I talked about the atonement of Jesus Christ..  We received a packet mas o menos from Pres Murphy this week about a study list of the atonement, and in it it had a talk from Pres Faust in 2001 called "The atonement our greatest hope"!   Great talk.. I was able to talk for like 15 min and the spirit was felt, well at least I felt it... but super cool to learn about this topic a little bit more this week.. for La Pascua, Easter, it was a normal day and week really.. we've been using these pass-a-long cards for the Easter Initiative Prince of Peace!  There's a cool video on mormon.org about it, watch it!  But ya, cool week.

Well, the best news of the week right here.    Elder Christofferson came to our mission today!!!!  We got to shake his hand and listen to him speak Spanish  to us for like an hour, he speaks good Spanish!  But way cool, the Quito Missionaries came too , so there were a ton of missionaries here!! Everyone except the zones in the coast, the jungle and Colombia came to the meeting  so it was way cool..  It was way cool, because he described the process of picking a mission for each missionary.  to me its awesome to know that were chosen to these places by apostolic revelation, he told us there are no mistakes in this process..  we were picked to each place for a reason or paired up with a certain Mission President for a reason..  definitely strengthened my testimony.  After listening to him for like an hour the meeting finished.. another cool thing about today was that I got to see a ton of people from my MTC group!!  We took a pic together.  I haven't seen most of them since like November!!  Like 6 months!!  So that was awesome.  Really a great p-day.

Well that's about it for my week.. my Spanish is progressing a lot. I can understand basically everything and I can talk at least good enough to explain things..  working on the accent, but I've come a long ways, super proud of myself tbh, but ya, thanks for the emails, I'll be sure to write you every week from now on, last week was weird..

cuidense

Elder Jensen

Elder Christofferson Mission Tour
April 2017

















pics: a pic with Elder Baumgartner, who is in my group and in my district, as one of those peeping wizards you always here about (2 Nephi 18 intro), baptism from this week, my group at the meeting with Elder Christofferson, and my food that I cook, like everyday...



More Photo







No comments:

Post a Comment